Thursday, November 23, 2017
Holiday Candied Nuts
Today is Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving is a time for loved ones to gather together around the table and remember all of the blessings that have been bestowed upon them throughout the year. These memories are always accompanied by love, merriment, so embarrassingly bad jokes, and of course amazing food. Therefore, today I wanted to share a new recipe that I have created that I hope you will share with your friends and families this holiday season.
My family is a huge fan of nuts, and especially as we get closer to Christmas, candied nuts. Today I decided to make my own spin on these delicious bites, and they turned out to be much easier (and much tastier) than expected. This recipe took about 10 minutes from preparation to tasting and included only 7 ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry. These directions can be increased to make a larger quantity, but since I was making these for myself just to try, the recipe below makes approxiately 1 cup of candied nuts.
Ingredients:
1 cup granulated brown sugar
Sprinkle of salt
Sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1 Tablespoon butter
Sprinkle of Cinnamon
1 cup mixed nuts (I used pecans and walnuts)
Directions:
1) In a small saucepan, add all ingredients, and bring to a light boil (stirring constantly).
2) Allow mixture to boil for 1 minute, then add in 1 cup mixed nuts.
3) Stir in the nuts and allow to stay on heat for another minute.
4) Remove saucepan from eye while continuing to stir.
5) Pour candied nut mixture onto a large piece of parchment paper.
6) **Now for the most time consuming part** The nuts will be clumped together on the parchment paper. Before allowing them to cool too much you will need to take a fork and physically separate them from one another.
7) Allow the separate nuts to cool.
8) Enjoy!!
This was a very easy and very satisfying recipe to make and I am so excited to share it with you guys. These nuts are absolutely delicious and would be a great option to bring to any friend and/or family get together this holiday season. Please leave comments below and let me know how much you love these nuts!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and, as always, I am wishing you TASTY TRAVELS!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment